This Multimedia kit integrates with the iDrive system on your vehicle and allows you to have rear camera. It also allows you to display video content on your iDrive screen while the vehicle is being parked or driven. It doesn't not activate factory dvd-in-motion option. Every kit comes with our New Plug & Play harnesses and all necessary hardware to simplify the installation process. It is a direct fit and doesn't require any modifications to your vehicle.
*Compatible with 2011-2015 models:
- F-series – 5-series (F10/F07)
- Plug & Play Harness
- Dynamic Guide Lines (2012+ models)
- Multimedia Interface Kit
- Plug & Play Harness Kit
- Rear Camera Kit
Rear View Camera Info:
- Image Sensor – 1/3” SONY COLOR CCD
- Effective Pixels – 628X582/628X512
- Resolution(TV Lines) – 480
- Min. Illumination(Lua/f1.2) – 0.2
- Lens Angle(Deg.) – 170°
- Power Supply(DCV) – 12V
- Waterproof – IP66
- Operating Temperature(Deg.C) – 20+75(RH95% Max.)
- Storage Temperature(Deg.C) – 30~+85(RH95% Max.)
- License Plate Light – Bright White LED light
- 6 Months
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Does the Video module need to be programmed?
All of the Video modules come pre-programmed. Vehicles with a Manual Transmission will require some changes to the settings. Each kit comes with a mini keyboard (for 2006-2008 models) that can be connected to the Video module in order to make the necessary changes. Please contact us so we can guide you through this process.
- Does the Rear View camera turn ON automatically when I put in Reverse Gear?
Rear View camera will automatically turn ON when the vehicle is in Reverse Gear. The Guide Lines will appear automatically at the same time.
- How can I get back to the factory menu?
To get back to the factory menu, press the MENU button briefly and it will take you back.
- How can I switch between the Video sources?
On 2006 – 2011 cars you can switch between the Video sources by pressing and holding the MENU button for 3 seconds. It can also be done by holding the “Arrow Down” button on the steering wheel for 3 seconds.
- How many devices can be connected to the Video module?
The Video module has 2 AV Inputs, 2 Video Outputs, and 1 Audio Output. Only 2 devices can be connected to the AV Inputs. However, a Video switcher module (not included with the kit) can be added to split the video signal. That will give you the ability to add extra devices.
- Why do I need AV Y-Cable?
AV Y-cable is required if you would like to enable the Rear View camera while driving forward. It allows you to split the signal coming from the Rear View camera..
- Why do I need AV AUX cable?
AV AUX cable is required in order to play videos on your iDrive screen. It needs to be connected to the Video Module AV/OUT port and the other 3.5mm connector needs to be connected to the vehicle’s AUX port. This allows you to stream audio signal via the OEM Audio system.
- Why do I need AV Composite cable?
AV Composite cable is required in order to play videos on your iDrive screen. If you are using an iPhone or iPod and as a video source, we only recommend using either Apple AV Composite cable or GriffinAV Composite cable. Only these two cables will work with the latest iPhone/iPod firmware.
- Will my Phone receive calls while I am in AV mode?
The Bluetooth connection with your phone will not be interrupted. You will be able to receive Phone Calls while in AV mode. You can also make Phone Calls while in AV mode.
- Will the Navigation Guidance continue if I switch to AV Video mode?
The Navigation Guidance will continue to work if you switch to one of the AV modes. You will continue receiving the Voice Guidance and can switch back to your Navigation screen at any time.